The Parish Church of St. Anastasia
Sv. Ane 2, Samobor
Tel: +385 1 3360 082
The Parish Church of St. Anastasia was built in 1675 on the location of an older church, which was mentioned in 1334. It is one of the rare early Baroque churches in Croatia. Near the left entrance there is the statue of the Wounded Jesus. Especially valuable is the stained glass of St. Anastasia behind the main altar. St. Anastasia is the protector of the Samobor parish. The church was consecrated in 1688 when the interior was remodeled. Near the church there is the grave of Julijana Engler – Cantilly (Vraz's Ljubica). There is also a monument for the victims of the War in Croatia. In front of the Parish Church there is a statue of Virgin Mary, erected in 1925, on the occasion of the thousand years of the Croatian Kingdom.