Old Burg Okić
Klake, Samobor, Klake
The Old Burg Okić (499 m) stands on the solitary rock which ends the Plešivica ridge. The location of this medieval burg, high above the valley with routes towards Slovenia and Karlovac, was a well-chosen site. It is of irregular floor plan shape, with an oval tower near the entrance and a Romanesque-Gothic chapel. Its history is impressive. Although mentioned in documents in 1193, it is surely much older. The burg was the center of the Okić aristocracy and the first owners were the Dukes of Okić. The burg was abandoned during peasant uprisings. The rock on the south side of Okić have long served as alpine climbing training site.