Franciscan Church of Mary's Ascension
Langova 18, Samobor
Tel: +385 1 3360 810
Church of Mary's Ascension is located within the Franciscan monastery and was built in the Gothic style, with a floor plan after St. Anastasia (between 1720 and 1733) as a one-nave building with six side chapels. The bell tower is of simple traditional forms and was finished in 1760 with Baroque windows on the top floor. There is a very valuable artistic Baroque inventory and artwork in the church: the monumental illusionist fresco in the sanctuary depicting Mary's Ascension.