Church of St. Mary of Jerusalem
Krapina, Trški Vrh
The Church of St. Mary of Jerusalem on Trški Vrh is one of the most beautiful Baroque churches in this part of Croatia. It was build from 1750 to 1761 by pious inhabitants and peasants as their votive church and to place the miraculous statue of Mary brought from Jerusalem, which helped many sick and unfortunate people even before the construction of the church. The church was consecrated on August 1761 and is visited today by many pilgrims. The church inspires with peace and the beauty of its interior, richly ornamented altars, paintings and the organ by master Anton Romer from Graz. Around the church there is an octagonal cincture with a little tower chapel in every corner. A cincture is a path around the churchyard used for individual prayer and preparations for spiritual tasks, and Mary helps everyone who believe and hope. There are feasts and fairs from May to October every year.